Terms and Conditions
1. RESERVATIONS: To reserve your place on this Global Diving Adventures (GDA) trip , please submit $750 per person by check, Visa or Mastercard. The balance of the expedition cost is due 90 days prior to departure, unless otherwise stated. Airfare, if booked through GDA, is due at time of ticketing. All prices are quoted in US dollars and must be paid in US dollars.
2. CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY: A notice of cancellation must be made in writing and received by GDA. The following penalties will apply at the time GDE receives your written notice of cancellation:
- 181 days or more prior to departure: no penalty
- 90 through 180 days prior to departure: 25% of expedition cost
-1 through 89 days prior to departure: 100% of expedition cost
Given that the resale of canceled space will likely result in a lost opportunity to sell other space, these fees are due regardless of resale. Some airfares may be non-refundable. Once an expedition has departed, there will be no refunds from GDA for any unused portions of the expedition. The above policy also applies to all extensions and independent travel arrangements made in conjunction with this expedition. The Cancellation and Refund Policy for GDA trips which utilize private villas or liveaboard boats may vary.
3. EXPEDITION CANCELLATION AND INTERRUPTION INSURANCE: GDA strongly advises all guests to purchase expedition cancellation and interruption insurance as protection against an emergency which may force you to cancel an expedition or leave an expedition while it is in progress. Information describing coverage will be sent to you upon receipt of your reservation or you can access it now at: CSA Travel Pro. The code is: 83070679.
4. SHARE POLICY: Accommodations on all GDA expeditions are based on double occupancy. If you are traveling alone and wish to share accommodations, a roommate will be assigned to you whenever possible. When pairing roommates, we will always pair guests of the same sex, and make every effort to accommodate smokers with other smokers. If it is necessary to pair a smoker with a non-smoker, overnight accommodations will be designated as non-smoking for both guests. If it is not possible to pair you with a roommate, you will be responsible for paying a Single Supplement fee for accommodations.
5. MEDICAL INFORMATION: Participation in a GDA expedition requires you to be fit. It is essential that persons with any medical problems or dietary restrictions make them known to GDA well before departure. All guests participating in SCUBA diving are required to submit a signed Medical Statement prior to any SCUBA diving activities. If a “yes” was indicated to any of the medical conditions on the Medical Statement, a doctor’s signature is required before participating in SCUBA diving activities. All divers are required to have and provide proof of diving accident insurance (DAN or equivalent). GDA expedition leaders will disqualify any guest at any time during the expedition if he or she determines the guest is physically incapable of safely performing expedition activities and/or if the guest’s participation jeopardizes the safety of other GDA expedition members. There will be no refund given under these circumstances.
6. GDA reserves the right to decline acceptance of any person as an expedition member for any reason whatsoever. All guests participating in SCUBA diving activities must have proof of certification from a recognized agency unless arrangements have been made with GDA to obtain certification while on expedition.
7. CURRENCY FLUCTUATION: In order to keep our rates as low as possible, GDA fares do not include an allowance for increased costs due to currency fluctuations. GDA reserves the right to raise expedition fares any time currency fluctuations cause exceptional cost increases beyond GDA’s control.
8. ITINERARY CHANGES & EXPEDITION DELAY: GDA reserves the right to change an expedition date, itinerary or accommodations as conditions warrant. If an expedition must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, civil unrest, sickness or any other contingency for which GDA or its agents cannot make provision, the cost of delays or changes is not included.
9. EXPEDITION CANCELLATION: GDA reserves the right to cancel an expedition before departure for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to too few guests, logistical problems such as strikes, wars, acts of God, or any other circumstances which may make operation of the trip inadvisable. All trip payments received will be promptly refunded and this refund will be the limit of GDA’s liability. GDA is not responsible for any expenses incurred by guests in preparing for the expedition, including but not limited to: non-refundable or penalty carrying airline tickets, special clothing or equipment and visa or passport fees.
10. LIABILITY and RELATION TO AIRLINES: If scheduled air transportation is unavailable or fails to materialize for reasons beyond GDAs control, GDA’s sole liability is limited to refunding the air amount paid to us. GDA assumes no liability for the acts or omissions of airline carriers including but not limited to canceled flights, schedule changes, damage to or delay or loss of baggage, flight delays, equipment failures, accidents, over booking or computer errors. The liabilities and obligations of an airline to you and your rights are subject to any and all terms and conditions of the airlines ticket and and any and all governmental laws and regulations bearing upon such rights, liabilities and obligations.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/FORCE MAJEURE: This section defines GDA’s responsibility to all our expeditions including extensions and independent arrangements. Please read it carefully.
- GDA, its Owners, Agents and Employees give notice that they act only as the agent for the owners, contractors and suppliers providing means of transportation and/or all their expedition related services and assume no responsibility for acts beyond GDA’s control caused by the following: acts of God, currency fluctuations, detention, incarceration, delays, schedule changes, strikes, civil wars, thefts, transportation failure or non-arrival, civil disturbances, terrorism, government restrictions or regulations, negligent or intentional acts of GDA guests, criminal acts, and discrepancies or changes in transportation or lodging.
- As described in item 7 above, all prices are subject to change.
- As described in item 9 above, in the event that an expedition must be canceled, GDA is not responsible for any personal expenses incurred by expedition members in preparing for the expedition.
- Certain ship owners require use of pre-printed ticket forms which limit the ship owner’s and operators liability. When such tickets are used, you are generally bound by the terms of these tickets with respect to your legal relationship to the owner and operators or the ships, their agents (GDA), and the ship’s crew.