Best Yacht Based
Often times, whether you dive from a yacht or from a resort is a matter of preference and priorities including the amount of diving you want to do, the atmosphere you are looking for and how you want to spend your time. For an excellent article, you can read Should I dive land based or live aboard?
Here are some things to consider:
- Costa Rica and Cocos Island Cocos is only available via yacht and has an amazing feeling of wildness. It’s like Ocean Jurassic Park.
- Galapagos there is so much amazing diversity between islands and you don’t want to miss it. Yacht is the only way to see them.
- Guadalupe Island Great White Sharks only available via yacht. If you sleep on the rocky island, you could be mistaken for a seal lion. Highly not recommended here.
- Fiji yacht based lets you see more islands and dive more remote areas.
- Maldives yacht based lets you see more islands and dive more remote areas.
- Bali and Indonesia yacht based lets you see more islands and dive more remote areas.
Still Best Land Based
- Malaysia and Sipadan staying in an overwater village and sleeping in an overwater bungalow. Playing a pickup game of basketball in the local village.
- Bora Bora and Tahiti the islands are magnificent, the people incredible. The overwater bungalows may be the best in the world. Don’t miss the hoa snorkeling and watch the dolphins jump in the pass at sunset.
- Belize you get to hang out on your own private island and get to lose your shoes for the entire time. The vibe is classic, old school Caribbean.
- South Africa there’s no cover offshore so if you are staying in a yacht, its rock and roll! It would be a crime to miss the land parks.
- Little Cayman tiki torch dinner by the pool and happy hour on the dock. Afternoon bike rides around the island.
- Palau you get to ride through the Rock Islands everyday. Having dinner in Koror is cool.