Best Land Based
Often times, whether you dive from a resort or from a yacht is a matter of preference and priorities including the amount of diving you want to do, the atmosphere you are looking for and how you want to spend your time. For an excellent article, you can read Should I dive land based or live aboard?
Here are some things we love:
- Belizeyou get to hang out on your own private island and get to lose your for the entire time. The vibe is classic, old school Caribbean.
- Fiji We found a resort where you can dive the best dives in Fiji and still stick your toes in the sand at the end of the day.
- Maldives great land based or on a private yacht. The islands are fairyland like small spits of palm tree covered sand surrounded by crystal blue water. Irresistible.
- Bali and Indonesia The islands are gorgeous and culture amazing. You don’t want to miss it.
- Malaysia and Sipadan staying in an overwater village and sleeping in an overwater bungalow. Playing a pickup game of basketball in the local village.
- Bora Bora and Tahiti the islands are magnificent, the people incredible. The overwater bungalows may be the best in the world. Don’t miss the hoa snorkeling and watch the dolphins jump in the pass at sunset.
- Palauyou get to ride through the Rock Islands everyday. Having dinner in Koror is cool.
- Little Cayman tiki torch dinner by the pool and happy hour on the dock. Afternoon bike rides around the island.
- South Africa there’s no cover offshore so if you are staying in a yacht, its rock and roll! It would be a crime to miss the land parks.